Monday, January 23, 2012

My Heart Leaps Up . . .


By Alice Valdal

I’m not a sun worshipper in the traditional sense of exposing my skin to the sun until I’ve turned to leather. But I adore the sunrise. "And God said, Let there be Light!"
At a recent Bible study we discussed what difference it makes to have God in your life. One of the answers was that everything becomes worship. How we perform our work, how we relate to one another, how we live in the world. . .all is an act of worship. It may be difficult to associate some aspects of daily living with worship, but when I watch the sky turn crimson, the shadows of night flee away and the glory of the day break, I cannot help but adore the God who created us all.
     This "knowing" that God is at work in every moment of our days is a great blessing that those who deny God cannot know. To view a rainbow as an interesting phenomenon of refracted light may exercise the scientific mind, but we remember that it is also a brilliant, sparkling, awesome reminder of God’s promise.  That fills the soul.
    "And God created great whales. . . and every winged fowl. . . cattle. . . and every creeping thing. . . And God saw that it was good."
     In our course on the Beatitudes, we studied "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." In the beauty and abundance of God’s creation we can already catch a glimpse of that inheritance.
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky;

W. Wordsworth
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment