Monday, April 14, 2014

Surprise, it's Easter


For some reason Easter has snuck up and caught me unaware this year.  Maybe I was distracted by the string of rainy Saturdays, or the multitude of items on my to-do list.  Both choirs have been working on Easter music, but in my mind that was for some far off Sunday. I haven't even noticed the sales pitches for Easter bonnets and chocolate rabbits. So, a glance at the calendar showing Easter Week has already begun gave me quite a jolt. 
     Surprised by joy as Wordsworth's famous sonnet begins.  From the grey busyness of distractions, I look up and see -- the awful passion of Christ, the unbearable grief of Good Friday, and then the stunning, surprise of joy on Easter morning.  The stone is rolled away, the tomb is empty,  Christ is risen!  
     I still have a few days to prepare and you are invited to join me at SPPC.


Wed. April 16, 9:30 am  
Bible Study on the last chapter of  Revelation,     
 "Behold, I come quickly." Rev.22:7

Thurs. April 17, 6:00pm  
Tenebrae service in the sanctuary


Good Friday, April 18, 10:00 am  
joint service at Friendship  Community Church, 7820 C. Saanich Rd.

Easter Sunday, April 20, 8:00 am  
Sunrise service at Cy Hampson Park.  Easy parking.  I've been to every one of these services since Rev. Irwin started them.  It usually rains, but we still see the Son rise.

Easter Sunday, April 20,  9:00 am 
 Easter Breakfast in Molloy Hall at SPPC, and a welcome cup of coffee for the early risers from Hampson Park.

Easter Sunday, April 20, 10:00 am, 
Easter Sunday Worship in the sanctuary of SPPC.   I mentioned musical preparations at the top of this post.  Our Easter worship will be filled with joyful music.









No comments:

Post a Comment