Monday, June 20, 2022

A Wedding

 The link to this week's live-streamed service is here



Friday was a very special day at SPPC. Brian and Elizabeth got married!

I was fortunate enough to be invited. 

As I listened to the words of marriage and Rev. Irwin's homily on love, the cares of this world receded, replaced by the elation of the moment. 


I was reminded of my own wedding and the joy and excitement of that day.


I was reminded that marriage is a great gift, to be treasured, nurtured, and celebrated.


Listening to Brian and Elizabeth repeat their vows, I silently repeated my own. I wonder how many in the congregation did the same.
Brian and Elizabeth, husband and wife.

After the ceremony, we were treated to lunch. The tables looked festive.


Thanks to the hardworking crew in the kitchen, who also got a bite to eat. 
 


 Then came the cutting of the cake, created by Brian's daughter.  




Congratulations, Elizabeth and Brian, and thank you for sharing your day with all of us. 

May God bless, preserve and keep you;

May God look upon you with favour,

May God fill you with all blessings and give you grace

That you may live together in joy and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment