Monday, April 30, 2018

Lesson of the Hot Water Tank

April Birthdays
 I'm a bit late with the April birthday celebrations because there has been so many other events at the church.  So, here on the last day of the month, are the photos of our April birthday party.  Sorry if I caught you with your mouth open. 


Now on to other things. Thanks to Judith for this week's blog.

The floor in our laundry room had water seeping from under a cabinet, next to the hot water tank.  Hubby saw it first and asked if I had spilled water or touched the nozzle on the tank.  I said I had, so it was probably me.  upon further investigations, it was determined our hot water tank was
leaking.  the sludge that came out of the connectors and water coming out of the bottom of the tank was filthy.  Which brings me to this thought.  We might look clean and new on the outside, but on the inside are filled with rotten thoughts, actions and deeds.  It's only through daily scripture reading and thoughtful prayer and actions can we stay clean inside our hearts and minds.

I've had this little story in my file folder for some time, waiting for the right week to post it here.  I've shared it with you now because I think it's a perfect example of discipleship and our Bible Study is beginning a new session called "Discipleship Explored."  The course is presented by the same ministry that produced "Life Explored," which we used last year.  The session begin with a video presentation that includes Biblical references, real life stories and questions for discussion.  There is also a workbook.
If you've been wondering about joining one of the Bible Study Groups, I encourage you to try this one.  Each session is independent so it won't matter if you miss one here or there.  You can watch it all on the internet but there is great joy in studying the Gospel with others.  Sessions are on Wednesdays 9:30 am or 7:00 pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment