Monday, January 5, 2015

Love to Read?



     I have a standing request for Santa Claus, a new book.  I think it started when I was a child and my grandmother gave me Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott.  I was about ten and was more interested in new skates and a pretty dress, but once Christmas Day was over and all the company had gone home, I settled in to read.  Since then, I've looked forward to Boxing Day and my new book.  Lucky for me, my husband has a knack for finding me something different and intriguing every year.  This year it's a political autobiography!  Who knew I'd find it so fascinating?

    If there wasn't a new book under your tree, or you've finished reading it and are looking for something else, you might like to check out the library at SPPC.  Linda Cliff makes a case for Lee Strobel.




The Case for Christmas
by Lee Strobel

    Who was in the manger that first Christmas morning?  Lee Strobel invites us to take a careful look at this question.  Strobel consults experts on the Bible, archeology and messianic prophecy.  Strobel’s background is in investigative journalism, so he looks at the evidence about the babe in the manager.  He looks at the biographies of Jesus to tell the true story of his birth, life, teachings, miracles, death, and resurrection.  He asks did Jesus uniquely match the identity of the Messiah.

     This small book, less than a hundred pages, is a summary of the information found in Strobel’s The Case for Christ.  As a result it is a book that is easy and quick to read.  A book you can give to a friend to read in order to open a discussion of the true miracle of Christmas.

     The fall Bible study looked at The Case for Christ in detail, I found this book reinforced the knowledge I had gained during the study while at the same time giving a new look at the babe in the manger.

Book available in Library





No comments:

Post a Comment